[dss-announce] dSS 0.8.0 available

Johannes Winkelmann johannes.winkelmann at aizo.com
Mon Jul 26 10:08:20 CEST 2010

Dear subscribers,

We are happy to announce the availability of dSS 0.8.0. Besides the
update of the version string, this is an unmodified version of release
candidate 3 which has proven stable in our testing.

As already mentioned in the announcement of 0.8-0-rc3, please be aware
that there were some major changes in the
JSON-API since the last regular release, which might require adjustments
in your applications. Details can be found in my previous post to the
developer mailing list:
http://forum.digitalstrom.org/pipermail/dss-developer/2010-July/000084.html

You can download the new release from
http://developer.digitalstrom.org/releases/dss-0.8.0.tar.gz

As always, updated JSON API and SOAP documentation can be found at:
http://developer.digitalstrom.org/releases/dss-0.8.0-doc/dss-0.8.0-json_api.html
http://developer.digitalstrom.org/releases/dss-0.8.0-doc/dss-0.8.0-soap_api.html

To simplify generation of SOAP bindings, the latest WSDL file has been
uploaded to
http://developer.digitalstrom.org/releases/dss-0.8.0-doc/dss-0.8.0.wsdl

Some statistics: there have been 516 changesets since the 0.7 tag, of
which 245 changes were committed after the last stable 0.7.8 release.

git users may check out the tag 'v0.8.0' or revision
094cf4c2fe89461f96d0ca1bffe1e19aff8df19d to obtain the same sources as
used in the tarball.

Please use the developer mailing-list to post your questions on this
release, and look at our project Wiki and Redmine at:
    http://developer.digitalstrom.org/redmine

Kind regards

The digitalSTROM team
--