[dss-announce] dSS 1.5.2 available

Michael Troß michael.tross at aizo.com
Fri Feb 24 17:46:11 CET 2012

Dear subscribers,

we are happy to announce the availability of dSS 1.5.2. You can download
the release package from
http://developer.digitalstrom.org/download/dss/1.5/dss-1.5.2.tar.gz

The Wiki contains updated build instructions:
http://redmine.digitalstrom.org/projects/dss/wiki/How_to_build_the_dSS

Updated API documentation can be found here:
http://redmine.digitalstrom.org/projects/dss/wiki/Documentation

The scripting documentation has been updated as well to include the
latest changes:
http://redmine.digitalstrom.org/projects/dss/wiki/Scripting_inside_the_dSS

To summarize the most important new features:

* integrated the librrd Round-Robin-Database library to store the
metering values provided by digitalStrom devices
* updated internal scripting engine SpiderMonkey to release 1.8.5 used
in Firefox 4 and above
* extended the scripting classes with a libcurl interface for http and
https protocol support
* added sendmail event interpreter class to make use of a system mta
* use gsoap host tools to build the soap bindings automatically to avoid
gsoap version conflicts
* switched to autotools build system, cmake support will be removed in
future releases

For the full list of changesets and details please use the git history
on our public gitourious:
https://gitorious.digitalstrom.org/dss/dss-mainline/commits/release-1.3

Please post your questions about this release to the developer
mailing-list, and look at our project Wiki and Redmine at:
http://redmine.digitalstrom.org/projects/dss/wiki

Kind regards

The digitalSTROM team

--