[dss-developer] questions api

Dieter Beck beck.m2m at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 15 23:23:01 CET 2010

Dear Sir or Madam!

I have built the dSS and now have some questions.

There are some problems that came up while testing the soap interface
of the dss.

1) The apartmentGetDevices function, as far as I understood this
right, should return the id of an set with all devices in it. But it
doesnt return an id. It always return a " ." Anyone the same problem?

2) How can I get the name of the Zones? I get all Zones with the
function apartmentGetZoneIDs. I can get the id of a zone with the help
of the name with the function: apartmentGetDeviceIDbyName - But how
can I get the name when I have the ID?

3) There are no functions for ZoneSetName. There are only the get
functions. I think this also would be useful.

4) There is a function deviceSetValue (also for apartment, zone, ...)
It takes an parameter for value and one for parameterID. When I set
the value 1.5 and parameterID 1 for example. And then read it again
with deviceGetValue, I always get the double 0.0 as an answer. It
doesnt work. Why? Is this value the value for dimming the light? What
are the other values (which I can set with the parameterID) good for?

5) As far as I understood, you turn all the light the way you want
them and then call saveScene. When you want to load the scene you call
LoadScene. This also doesnt work. Why? Is there a possiblity to look
at this values somewhere in the simulation software?

6) Although I disable devices they still react to commands.

7) What exactly are userGroups? (AllocateUserGroup)

8) In the Javascript API you can set the location for the devices. How
can I do this with the SOAP API? Is there a special unit the x,y,z
coordinates have to be, so that the different apss (iPhone ...) can
understand it. meters? centimeters? relatives?

9) How can I get the powerConsumption of an device?

10) Can I figure out with the help of the dsID what kind of the device
the device is? For example the first octect for the company, second
for device or something similar. What is the function getFunctionID
good for? Is it to figure out what kind of device it is? Or is there
an other possiblity to figure out if the device is an light, an radio
a washingmachine or something else?

11) What are the property functions good for? (propertySetInt,
propertySetBool...)

12) Did I understand this right:
I am not quite sure about the different kinds of categories and how it
is the right way to use them.
Zones: are kinds of rooms - all devices that are at the samd dsM
Groupes: are groups that can contain devices - for example all lights
in the corridor. Devices of different zones can be in one zone.
Groups and Zones are stored at the server and are the same for all Apps.
Sets are temporary groups of devices to communicate with them and for
example swich them off.

Am I right? If not, please explain it to me.

13)  How can I create new groups, zones and name them, to add devices?

14) How can I communicate with the binary pins, usart interface,
sensors, analog pins on the chip?

15) How can I receive envents (new Device plugged in, bell, ...) with
the help of the soap interface or in an other way? Is there
apossibility to receive an event when a pin on the chip changed, or
when you received something from the usart interface?
There are the functions in the api: eventraise, eventweitfor, eventsubscribeto
Hoe do I use them? As far as I understand I send an soap request and
then I have to wait and get an answer as soon as the event rises. Is
there an other possiblity. Its clear that I will have to have a soap
server in the app or something else listening to the dSS.

16) Is there a possiblity to buy an dsID, Server, dsM?

I know that this are a lot of questions an maybe you think its all
logical. But sadly not for me. So I would be pleased to get an answere
from anybody of you.

I hope I didnt ask questions that were answered somewhere else. But I
didnt find any of them in the wiki or elsewhere.

Yours faithfully

Beck Dieter