[dss-developer] Library problemes

Jean-Marie PRIOUL jean-marie.prioul at actimage.com
Mon Jun 28 13:38:13 CEST 2010

Hello,

I have a problem with dSS binary.
When the binary it install (sudo make install) some references to
dynamic library become missing (libxul, libxpcom, libmozjs).

I use an Ubuntu Server 10.04 (with only sshd installed).
I install these packages :
$> sudo apt-get install git-core cmake libxml2-dev libical-dev
     libpoco-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev
     libboost-thread-dev libboost-program-options-dev
     libboost-test-dev xulrunner-dev libssl-dev g++
     libavahi-client-dev ruby rubygems rake openjdk-6-jre

Following the recommandation about gsoap
$> wget -O /tmp/gsoap.deb
http://developer.digitalstrom.org/files/contrib/gsoap_2.7.15-1_i386.deb
$> sudo dpkg -i /tmp/gsoap.deb

And install sprockets
$> sudo gem install --bindir /usr/local/bin --no-ri --no-rdoc sprockets

Get the repository
$> git clone --recursive --progress
git://gitorious.digitalstrom.org/dss/dss-mainline.git

Install websrc
$>cd dss-mainline
$>websrc/tools/build_and_copy_weblibs.sh websrc/ data/webroot/js/

Compile
$>mkdir build && cd build
$>cmake .. && make
$>sudo make install

I can't create a debian package (following the wiki page :
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot ).
Reading errors output, it's seam to be the same problem (something about
JS_API library).

What are you do to solve this kind of problem?

Best regards

Jean-Marie PRIOUL

PS : I can start the server from build folder ( dss-mainline/build $ ./dss )

Jean-Marie PRIOUL - jean-marie.prioul at actimage.com
<mailto:jean-marie.prioul at actimage.com>
ACTIMAGE Gmbh & CO. KG
Hafenstrasse 3