[dss-developer] groups over zones, function id?

Hofmann, Christoph christoph.hofmann at aizo.com
Fri Mar 5 09:03:38 CET 2010

Hello,

I try to answer some of your questions.

A device can be a member of any group. This group information is stored in the device itself. A device is always a member of its standard group (e.g. light) of which it cannot be removed. It is also not possible to add the device to another standard group. But it is of course possible to put different devices (shadow, light, music, ...) into the same (user)group.
The scene call is executed on a group in a zone.

dSS --> Zone --> Group --> Scene

If you need to call the same group in different zones, you can do this by using the calls consecutive:

dSS --> Zone 1 --> Group 23 --> Scene 17
dSS --> Zone 2 --> Group 23 --> Scene 17
dSS --> Zone 3 --> Group 23 --> Scene 17

If the zones are located on different dSMs the calls get executed at the same time. Else they will be executed consecutive. It is also possible to call the groups at the same time if you broadcast your call:

dSS --> Zone 0 --> Group 23 --> Scene 17

Remember that this call will be executed in the whole flat/building.

---------

Function-ID:

Each device has its factory function-id. This function-id is read and saved when the device gets plugged in the first time. This function-id specifies which functions the device has, e.g. if it has a local pushbutton, sensors, connected devices and so on.

The function-id table is internal at this time. I am not sure at the moment, how the function-ids will be implemented in the dSS in the near future. We have to discuss this point.

Kind regards,
Christoph Hofmann    (aizo ag)