[dss-developer] Demowohnung setup [WAS: dss installation fails with openssl support]

Johannes Winkelmann johannes.winkelmann at aizo.com
Thu Mar 11 14:07:13 CET 2010

Hi Till,

On 03/09/2010 05:21 PM, Till Mossakowski wrote:
> Dear Johannes,
[UPnP setup]
> many thanks. I will try to set this up.
>
> However, I still have problems with getting dss running. I get
>
> [2010-03-09 16:03:23][Fatal] Caught exception while opening serial port:
> could not open port /dev/ttyUSB0

Do you have an RS485 converter connected to the system running the dss?

In any case, although this is a fatal error, it will not lead to a
segmentation fault as shown in the attached log file. Are you running
Ubuntu or Debian? If yes, the problem is most likely that the version of
gsoap shipped on these is too old. I've build an updated version (on a
Ubuntu 9.10 host) which can be downloaded from
   http://developer.digitalstrom.org/files/contrib/gsoap_2.7.15-1_i386.deb

Hope this helps, Johannes
--
Johannes Winkelmann