[dss-developer] set functionID in sim.xml & last scene parameter

Meier Dominik dominik.meier at fhnw.ch
Wed May 12 13:08:05 CEST 2010

Dear all,

1: Is it possible to set a functionID of a device in the sim.xml?

2: If I understood right, a last scene will be stored in a special scene number in the device.
    Is this right, which scene is it?
    A device is dimmed to 50% and will be switched of by a dSS generated event, what will be
    stored in the last scene scenario in the device?

3: I had an idea for a workaround to use user Groups. I thought, naming several devices with
    the same name e.g. "Fridge" would give the possibility to build a
    set by tag e.g.  .tag('Fridge') . The result was, that only one device named as Fridge
    responded to the event. (I guess it was the one with the lower ID)
    Why does this not work??

4: Is there an error in the set syntax documentation?
 # By adding .kitchen the set gets restricted to "all devices within the group yellow which are
 # located in the zone named kitchen".
 -> From my point of few, the result would be "dev6" if your explanation means a conjunction
      like set = Kitchen AND Yellow. I think dev2, dev3 and dev6 are in the set, if your set is .yellow.

Is that right?

Thanks for your Help!
Regards,
Dominik

Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz
Hochschule fuer Technik
Institut fuer Aerosol und Sensortechnologie

Meier Dominik
Steinackerstrasse 5
5210 Windisch Switzerland
T: +41 56 462 42 92