[dss-developer] Trying to build dss11-vm-image

Lukas Zeller luz at plan44.ch
Thu Sep 27 12:02:37 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I'm trying to bake the dss11-vm-image target, but it always fails at the very end (do_rootfs) with:

ln: failed to create symbolic link `/home/luz/Code/digitalSTROM/dss-oe/angstrom-production-build-eglibc/deploy/images/qemux86/dss11-production-image-1.3.0-qemux86.tar.bz2': File exists

which leads to:

ERROR: Function 'do_rootfs' failed (see /home/luz/Code/digitalSTROM/dss-oe/angstrom-production-build-eglibc/work/qemux86-angstrom-linux/dss11-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.29799 for further information)

The thing is, that symlink does NOT exist when I look for it after the error occurs, but every time I retry I get the same message again, so it seems it is created in the process and cleaned up afterwards.

I tried to re-build a few times with

  bitbake -c clean dss11-vm-image
  bitbake dss11-vm-image

but it always stops with this error.

Before I dig deep into the mechanisms, I'd like to ask if building dss11-vm-image should just work (I tried in -devel and -production modes) like dss11-image does, or if there are precautions or manual steps to take before building.

Lukas

--
Lukas Zeller, plan44.ch
luz at plan44.ch - www.plan44.ch