[dss-developer] Interpreting device parameters

Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan jin at mediatomb.cc
Fri Aug 16 12:28:38 CEST 2013

Dimitri,

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:20:04AM +0000, Dimitri Janssens wrote:
> Basically, I am interested in Device Config Class 3 offset 0x00 (8bit)
> What do these values stand for?
>
> All I know is that these values are device and product specific.
> But I can't find an overview of the possible values and their meanings.

some of those internal values are mapped to high level JSON calls, you should
not be needing to set device configurations directly.

I think the best way would be to see how the current configurator UI is
doing it, afaik we got rid of most of the direct setConfig settings, only
a few remain, for the rest high level API calls are provided.

You should be able to get all the info you need by looking at the websrc project
sources and by looking at the firebug console while applying settings via
the configurator dialogs, this is probably the easiest way to get what you
need.

To my knowledge there is no public documentation to internal device parameters.

Kind regards,
Sergey