[dss-developer] Scenes 11 & 12 (decrement-increment)

Hofmann, Christoph christoph.hofmann at digitalstrom.com
Mon Feb 22 13:37:53 CET 2016

Hi jmt,

> This is Table 27. The document however says 11 is increment and 12
> decrement, while
> the actual behavior is the opposite.

you're right: The documentation is faulty at this point. Scene 11 is decrement and scene 12 is increment. I will fix that.

> Any particular reason for excluding them from the available options?

It doesn't make sense to present these scenes to the user because a single step is too "small" that someone couldn't do useful things with that. More useful would be to have  a command to set the output value to a defined value. But since dS relies on room states and so on it is not a really good idea to control just a single device. Please set a scene to the desired value and call this scene. Or, if you want to have a button to dim a device, just use a normal push-button and set it to a dS colour.

Or, better: Please describe exactly, what you intend to do.

--
Christoph Hofmann
Software Development