[dss-developer] Best way for polling state of devices

Hofmann, Christoph christoph.hofmann at digitalstrom.com
Wed Jul 6 17:52:57 CEST 2016

Dear Aldo,

> Re-asking the question: is it possible to get the output values of the
> devices from the property tree of the dSServer? or the only way to do
> that is using "HTTP GET /json/device/getOutputValue" for each device?

digitalSTROM is a decentralized system, the dSS does not know the output values of the devices. The system works with presets (scenes). If you really need to, you can ask the devices for the current output value. But as I already told you: If you like to do cyclic reads of the values, you may query only one value per minute and circuit! See Rule 8 and Rule 9 in ds-basics.

Regs,
Christoph

--
Christoph Hofmann