[dss-developer] Visibility virtual devices

Michael Troß michael.tross at digitalstrom.com
Fri May 13 10:24:28 CEST 2016

Hi Jerry,

On Wed, 2016-05-04 at 20:30 +0200, Jerry Vonk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled all the vdSM,  dsvcd and vdc_reference successfully.
> What are the requirements, in order to make them visible in the
> digitalSTROM configurator GUI ?
> I granted the vdSM access in the system/Access authorization.
>
> Should they not me visible under hardware ?

only connected VDC's and their respective VDC-Devices will be visible
under hardware, but not the vdSM. The vdSM is just an internal software
module that provides the API to connect device components.

Are you sure that you started the vdc-reference application on your PC?
Check for "connecting" messages on the console output of the reference
VDC.

Michael