[dss-developer] Is the digitalstrom software ecosystem dying?

Florian Gutzwiller florian at gutzwiller.net
Fri Feb 24 17:55:17 CET 2017

Gentlemen,

I’m a little worried about the lack of progress and innovation in the digital strom software ecosystem. The mobile apps are lacking in design and intuitiveness and haven’t been significantly updated since. There’s been bold chat about HomeKit integration, but I haven’t seen anything except some IFTTT nonsense.

I am very happy about the zero visibility physical integration of the digitalstrom platform and my 50+ components work well in a 100 year old single family home in Zurich, but digitalstrom needs to catch up with the rest of the industry if they want to keep their sweet spot in the restoration/semipro-self-install market between KNX and the growing HomeKit players (e.g. Elgato Eve). It would be great to hear from anyone with more insights.

Florian Gutzwiller
Zurich, Switzerland