[dss-developer] announcement problem: dss <-> plan44/vdcd <-> emBRICK Driver

Alexander Schabel alexander.schabel at mondayvision.de
Thu Feb 27 21:50:45 CET 2020

Hey everybody,

my first time to get in touch with you guys hopefully finding a starting
point to solve my problem.

Lukas Zeller (plan44) advised me contacting you, explainig my concern.

I am using a ds installation of, let's say mid size in my home.

To be able controlling a bunch of around 75 LED Channels by ds, I use the
following setup

*         digitalSTROM Server

*         plan44/vdcd with external device support activated (json)

*         control software making use of plan44/utils to connect vdcd to
cabinet, see: below

*         Cabinet containing several emBRICK boards, connected to
zCouplingBRICK

Last weeks stormy wheater caused a power outage. Since then i am facing the
following problem.

Plan44/vdcd states it cannot announce the light output devices.

Whereas a renaming of the plan44/vdcd device is recognized by dss.

I am unshure about where to start my search.

Dss (ist there a cache?), plan44/vdcd, wireshark on avahi?

Best regards

Alex Schabel

Stuttgart Germany