[dss-developer] General development questions to "Digitalstrom"

Martin Kammerlander ma.kammerlander at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:19:19 CET 2010

Hi everybody,

I have come over Digitalstrom in the web by chance and was immediatley
fascinated of it. I think it is a good idea and it, will be a revolution
compareable to the internet.
I started to have a look at it, downloaded the dSS and builded it. It works
quite fine! (standard switches are not always displayed)

Now there are some questions open:

- it is not clearly mentioned, but the ds Chip send the information during
the zero-crossing? Does this mean that there is only a band-witdh of
100bit/s?? Would be quite little.
- In the video was mentioned that this small chip can measure the power
consumption until about 100W, can dim, switch the device on and off, and has
a rs232 interface and some port pins on it. I am really impressed! But in
the api i didn't find a function to communicate with this rs232 interface or
the port pins? Is this possible? How?
- where can i get real hardware? how much is it? Or is there a better
simulation software where you can simulate the consumption?
- Is there a better documentation? It was quite hard to find detailed
information and to read the code.

I am looking forward to an answer from anybody of you and willing to do some
free work for this project!

Sorry for my Englisch (its not my mother tongue)

Nice greatings

Martin Kammerlander