[dss-developer] General development questions to "Digitalstrom"

Johannes Winkelmann johannes.winkelmann at aizo.com
Thu Feb 4 14:08:52 CET 2010

Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot for your interest in dSS and digitalSTROM.

On 02/04/2010 12:19 AM, Martin Kammerlander wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have come over Digitalstrom in the web by chance and was immediatley
> fascinated of it. I think it is a good idea and it, will be a revolution
> compareable to the internet.
> I started to have a look at it, downloaded the dSS and builded it. It
> works quite fine! (standard switches are not always displayed)
>
> Now there are some questions open:

I'll try to convince some hardware / communication people to join this
list, but it's probably a good idea to forward these questions to
info(at)digitalstrom(dot)org at this point in time, since they're more
related to digitalSTROM in general and not so much to the digitalSTROM
server (dSS) or its development.

If you don't hear back, feel free to contact me again.

[...]
> - where can i get real hardware? how much is it? Or is there a better
> simulation software where you can simulate the consumption?
At this point in time, digitalSTROM alliance members get a demonstration
set when they join.

A development kit is currently being developed, but not finalized yet.
Again, info(at)digitalstrom(dot)org is probably a good place to start.

> - Is there a better documentation? It was quite hard to find detailed
> information and to read the code.
For the dSS, there's mainly three sources of documentations:
1. the wiki in redmine
   http://developer.digitalstrom.org/redmine/wiki/dss

2. API documentation
   http://developer.digitalstrom.org/releases/dss-0.7.6-doc/

3. the source code

> I am looking forward to an answer from anybody of you and willing to do
> some free work for this project!
That's great to hear!

Regards, Johannes
--