[dss-developer] dSS 0.8.0 Release Candidate 3 (0.8.0-rc3) available

Johannes Winkelmann johannes.winkelmann at aizo.com
Mon Jul 12 10:46:58 CEST 2010

Dear subscribers,

We are happy to announce the availability of dSS 0.8.0-rc3, the third
release candidate for the upcoming 0.8.0 release. It's been tested
internally for a while, and we feel good about making this available for
public testing.

NOTE: Please be aware that there were some major changes in the
JSON-API, which might require adjustments in your applications. We'll
send a follow-up mail to this announcement in a few minutes detailing
those changes.

You can download the new release from
       http://developer.digitalstrom.org/releases/dss-0.8.0-rc3.tar.gz

As always, updated JSON API and SOAP documentation can be found at:
http://developer.digitalstrom.org/releases/dss-0.8.0-rc3-doc/dss-0.8.0-rc3-json_api.html
http://developer.digitalstrom.org/releases/dss-0.8.0-rc3-doc/dss-0.8.0-rc3-soap_api.html

To simplify generation of SOAP bindings, the latest WSDL file has been
uploaded to

http://developer.digitalstrom.org/releases/dss-0.8.0-rc3-doc/dss-0.8.0-rc3.wsdl

Some statistics: there have been 515 changesets since the 0.7 tag, of
which 244 changes were committed after the last stable 0.7.8 release.

Please use the developer mailing-list to post your questions on this
release, and look at our project Wiki and Redmine at:
       http://developer.digitalstrom.org/redmine

Kind regards

The digitalSTROM team

--