[dss-developer] new gsoap package for Ubuntu 9.10 (fixes segmentation fault when using current git version)

Johannes Winkelmann johannes.winkelmann at aizo.com
Thu Mar 11 14:02:48 CET 2010

Hi there,

A while ago, we changed the JSON and SOAP interfaces to use SSL for
communication exclusively. Unfortunately, there exists a bug in older
versions of gsoap which causes the dss to crash early in the startup
phase during the initialization of the SSL setup. This problem was
addressed in gsoap 2.7.10.

Current versions of Ubuntu and Debian (and its derivatives) ship with a
pre 2.7.10 version (2.7.9l on Ubuntu 9.10) and will thus show the
problematic behaviour outlined above.

To amend this, I've built an updated package for gsoap, based on the
work of Stefano Canepa [1]. You can download it from
   http://developer.digitalstrom.org/files/contrib/gsoap_2.7.15-1_i386.deb

Long story short, if you're using Ubuntu and building the dss from the
git repository, we recommend you to install this package.

Regards, Johannes