[dss-developer] dSS questions

Meier Dominik dominik.meier at fhnw.ch
Mon May 3 13:38:26 CEST 2010

Dear all,

Some questions arised during experimental coding :-)
I use ubuntu 9.1 and dSS version 0.7.7.

1)
I would like to build a set of several free chosen devices in the system. How can I do this in the dss not in the web environment.
Is there an example? I just found the examples to do this in a webpage.

2)
How can I program a scene, e.g. what the devices should do when I release an event call_scene 40
I know how it works  to program one of the 4 light scenes by "morsing" with a button but not by software?

3)
To raise other events than "call_scene" by pressing a button I can release an event with any NAME by using the ds3 shell script, isn't it?
e.g. $ ./ds3 event raise NAME
I use dSS version 7.7, but I guess this command is only supported in v 7.8 is this correct?

Thanks a lot for inputs!
Regards
Domini

Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz
Hochschule fuer Technik
Institut fuer Aerosol und Sensortechnologie

Meier Dominik
Steinackerstrasse 5
5210 Windisch Switzerland
T: +41 56 462 42 92