[dss-developer] dSS questions

Patrick Staehlin pstaehlin at futurelab.ch
Thu May 6 15:18:27 CEST 2010

Hi Dominik!

On Monday 03 May 2010 13.38:26 Meier Dominik wrote:

> 1)
> I would like to build a set of several free chosen devices in the system.
>  How can I do this in the dss not in the web environment. Is there an
>  example? I just found the examples to do this in a webpage.

The following should work:

getDevices().byZone(3)

getDevices returns a Set of all devices and byZone restricts it by all devices
belonging to zone 3.

> 2)
> How can I program a scene, e.g. what the devices should do when I release
>  an event call_scene 40 I know how it works  to program one of the 4 light
>  scenes by "morsing" with a button but not by software?

You set the lamps to the intensity level you'd like them to be at and call
saveScene on those Devices or a Zone.

> 3)
> To raise other events than "call_scene" by pressing a button I can release
>  an event with any NAME by using the ds3 shell script, isn't it? e.g. $
>  ./ds3 event raise NAME
> I use dSS version 7.7, but I guess this command is only supported in v 7.8
>  is this correct?

It's supported by the dSS but I guess that's not supported by the ds3 script
included in 7.7.

Patrick

PS: Starting on Monday I'll be in military service for four weeks but I hope
my collegues will step up and answer all your questions on this list *hint*
*hint*
--
Patrick Stählin		Hardware Wrangler
futureLAB AG		tel: +41 (0)52 260 22 22