[dss-developer] dSApp Programmierung: erste Schritte

Johannes Winkelmann johannes.winkelmann at aizo.com
Mon Mar 7 13:58:56 CET 2011

Hi again,

On 03/07/2011 10:57 AM, Dieter Stokar wrote:
> Hi Johannes
[passwd]
> Thanks!
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work quite like that, i.e. I get an error message:
>
>     dssadmin at dSS11-sto:~$ passwd
>     Changing password for dssadmin
>     Old password:
>     Enter the new password (minimum of 5, maximum of 8 characters)
>     Please use a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
>     Enter new password:
>     *** glibc detected *** passwd: free(): invalid next size (fast):
>     0x0001f908 ***
>     Aborted

Mmmh, I've never seen that error before, but I can reproduce it here
locally. It appears this is an issue other Openembedded users are
hitting too:
   http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2226
We'll look into this. Thanks for the report.

For the time being, the best workaround is running 'passwd dssadmin' as
root.

Cheers, Johannes
--
Johannes Winkelmann