[dss-developer] java on DSS server

Bryant Hansen digitalstrom at bryanthansen.net
Wed Aug 8 17:54:42 CEST 2012

Hi Edwin,

Yes, I've done this some time ago with the jamvm 1.5.5+1.6.0-devel and
the GNU classpath libraries 0.98.

It will require that you set up the openembedded build environment for
our dSS and then add meta-java as an overlay.

The git submodule URL that I have listed for the overlay is:
http://github.com/woglinde/meta-java

It looks like there's a wiki as well:
http://github.com/woglinde/meta-java/wiki

The dSS root filesystem is based on an openembedded snapshot from a few
months ago, so this might add some difficulties in integrating the two.

As a final note, there may be some resource issues when running a java
vm on the dSS; it could lead to out-of-memory situations.  I've done it
before, but can't vouch for long-term stability.

Cheers,

Bryant