[dss-developer] Bugreports v1.10.4

Christian Hitz christian.hitz at digitalstrom.com
Mon Feb 15 09:26:08 CET 2016

Hi Sascha,

thanks for your bug-reports

On 14.02.2016 15:12, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since I didn't find a place to file bug reports, I'll try here:
>
> I have noticed two bugs in the dSS JSON interface after upgrading my
> system from v1.10.2 to v1.10.4.
>
> - the call event/get with a positive timeout doesn't block anymore.
> Regardless of what timeout value I pass, the call returns with an empty
> list immediately when no events have occurred

This is a known issue and will be addressed in the upcoming release.

> - the call device/getOutputChannelDontCareFlags doesn't ever return
> anything. Also the documentation doesn't match the source: It doesn't
> accept a parameter "channels", but according to the source should return
> the flags for all channels, which doesn't work since the channels are
> put into a JSONObject (with empty strings as keys) instead of a JSONArray:
>
> Expected: { channels: [ { channel: 'brightness', dontCare: 0 }, ... ] }
> Actual: { channels: {} }

I crated a bug report ticket for this issue and also amended the
documentation.
Please also note that only devices that implement multiple output
channels will return an actual value in this call. Unfortunately, we
have not yet generalized this for all our devices.

Regards,
Christian

--
Christian Hitz                   digitalSTROM ag, Schlieren, Switzerland
Software Development                         http://www.digitalstrom.com