[dss-developer] HomeKit support

Jonas Schnelli jonas.schnelli at include7.ch
Wed Jul 6 17:04:55 CEST 2016

Hi Pascal

> Hi all. Is there any support for Apple HomeKit planned on the DS side?

HomeKit and Siri integration would even be more interesting with the upcoming iOS10 release.
The DS Listener App is not really and alternative because of the missing OS integration.

In 2014, I have started an iOS/MAC App that can do most of the DS interaction (the App is pretty stable).
https://github.com/DSMenu/DSMenu

The iOS part has a handy iOS Homescreen Widget (switch DS without unlocking your device/staring an app).

It’s licensed under MIT and only the Mac App has hit the iTunes App Store.
Currently I’m working on Bitcoin and maybe soon I’ll spend some time in completing/extending the iOS app.
Of course it would be nice if someone would pickup the iOS app and add some iOS 10 features.

---
</jonas>