[dss-developer] dS Server OSX Development Environment Setup

Zi Yuan, Chan ziyuan at smartboxasia.com
Mon Jun 6 10:20:31 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I am new to dSS development, trying to set up a dSS development environment
in my OSX. I have some issue trying to do so, here's my steps:

1. download dss-1.35.6.tar.gz from
http://developer.digitalstrom.org/download/dss/
2. unzip
3. run ./configure with the following issue:
checking boost/algorithm/string/finder.hpp usability... no
checking boost/algorithm/string/finder.hpp presence... no
checking for boost/algorithm/string/finder.hpp... no
configure: error: required boost headers not found on your system!

I have installed boost in my system, create a symlink in the dss folder,
and even copy the boost directory into the dss folder, but to no avail.

My question is - is it possible to setup a dS environment in OSX? If so
where can I find the setup guide? Or am I doing it correctly?

My environment setup:
- OSX 10.11.5
- dSS 1.35.6
- boost 1.60.0_2

Any advice is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Zi Yuan.