[dss-developer] vDC

Andreas Dröscher dss at anticat.ch
Fri Sep 2 16:21:14 CEST 2016

Hi

I've implemented a vDC for Temperature sensing. Everything except the
temperature offset works fine.

If I try to set a temperature offset using my dSS. None of the call backs is
called and the UI shows "Temperature offset setting is not supported by this
device." Every Temperature sensor lists temperatureoffset in its modelFeatures.
It must be something minor. I just can't find it. Any ideas?

Two small notes on the API:
In int dsvdc_database_save_property(const dsvdc_database_t *db,
                              const char *key, dsvdc_property_t *property);
property* should be const.

dsvdc_property_get_property_by_index and dsvdc_property_add_property do not seem
to support non-nested properties. In my case this significantly increased the
glue code for coping entries between two property trees.

Best Wishes
Andreas