[dss-developer] API and Integration questions

Ingo Fischer iobroker at fischer-ka.de
Wed Feb 5 12:02:35 CET 2020

Hi All,

I developed an integration plugin to make Digitalstrom available in the
Smart Home System iobroker. While anything is working fine and over 400
users use it already, I still have some unanswered questions.

1.) How exactly is "Rule 8" to be interpreted?
I currently interpreted it that way that my system makes sure to not do
request in parallel, added delays and if I request values on an interval
(mainly the energy values of the dsMs) I do that maximum once per minute
per dsM/Circuit and value. How it is officially defined?

2.) I tried to use /device/getOutputChannelValue2 to get all output
values at once, but this method always returned values that never
matched to the reality. Is this broken or Do I do something wrong?

3.) I also want to support vDCs, but there is no real documentation that
I found to get infos on available "offsets" and "index" fields and
datatypes (e.g. byte or word) on how to query or even set the values. I
only get the values and their types and current values when I request
the device infos. Is there any way to get the "Low level" details?
I currently assume that the "primary output value" always is at
offset/index=0 ... but this may be incorrect - and it also do not work
as soon as more then one output value is present.

4.) Because users asked: Is there any way to push the status for "binary
inputs" (e.g. a door/window contact) from the outside to then be used
e.g. for heating control and such? I could not find any API for this.

Thank you for your answers.

Ingo