[dss-developer] Building dss according to WiKi

Christian Hitz christian.hitz at digitalstrom.com
Tue Nov 3 15:47:58 CET 2015

Hi Marcus,

On 03.11.2015 13:22, Marcus Haas wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I know (via Google) that this question was in here before, but I could
> not find the solution:
>
> I have been trying to build the dss exactly according to the
> instructions in the Wiki. Everything worked including the missing
> “dss-misc/libcommchannel” as also mentioned in an earlier thread
> (http://forum.digitalstrom.org/pipermail/dss-developer/2015-September/000771.html).

I went through the Wiki again and cleaned up some details. With these
instructions I could successfully build the dSS and all dependencies.
(I'm running Ubuntu 14.04).

> Like in the previous post, dss failed to build with the missing
> digitalSTROM/ds.h dependency.
>
> I have compiled and installed all ds485 libraries and the dsm-api from
> GIT (as instructed in the Wiki).
>
> I have tried various versions of dss (1.5, 1.33, mainline-git) but none
> of the would compile against the library stack.
>
> I would appreciate any help on how to fix the ds.h issue or a general
> indication on exactly which version of each individual library is
> required to build which version(s) of dss.

We strife to keep the master versions in Git of all libraries compatible at
all times so this would be a good starting point.

Regards,
Christian

--
Christian Hitz                   digitalSTROM ag, Schlieren, Switzerland
Software Development                         http://www.digitalstrom.com